Preoperative Diagnosis: Septal deviation, turbinate hypertrophy, nasal obstruction, external nasal deformity.
Findings: Deviated nasal septum, 3+ thick skin/ nasal SMAS, weak, deprojected, flat lower lateral cartilages, deep radix and low dosum. Nose was poorly projected/over-rotated. Following surgery, increased projection, counter-rotated with nasolabial angle opened.
Comments: Her post-op photos show an improved nose. She had alar base reduction which is healing nicely. The back of the ear photo reveals the closed incision following ear cartilage harvest.
“For years I have been so self-conscious about the shape of my nose. It’s been a long time dream of mine to be able to have Rhinoplasty surgery. After consulting with various doctors, I’m so thankful that I found Dr. Nassif. Dr. Nassif went above and beyond in his efforts to perform the surgery. Dr. Nassif was so kind and helpful in so many ways before and after the procedure. The whole staff was also amazing. If anyone is considering this type of surgery, Dr. Nassif is the only one I would recommend. Once again from the bottom of my heart.
I thank you all.”
Watch Erika’s Rhinoplasty Experience
Watch Erika’s Surgery
- Dr. Nassif Performs an Open Rhinoplasty
- In the Operating Room w/ Dr. Paul Nassif: Turbinate Reduction
- Rhinoplasty Surgical Technique w/ Dr. Paul Nassif: Osteotomies & Nasal Dorsum Buildup
- Ear Cartilage Harvest
- Erika: Finishing a Rhinoplasty Surgery
- Open Rhinoplasty
- Live Rhinoplasty | Nostril Reduction
- Rhinoplasty with Shield Graft & Alar Rim Graft
- How To Perform an Ethnic Rhinoplasty w/ Dr. Nassif
- Live Nose Surgery with Dr. Paul Nassif
- Dr. Paul Nassif Performs Nose Job Live
- Live Rhinoplasty | Nose Job Technique
- How Nose Surgery is Performed
- How To Lessen Your Nasal Obstruction w/ Nose Job
- OR Video Footage: Closing the Incisions After Rhinoplasty
- OR Video Footage: Closing the Incisions After NoseJob
- Refine the Tip of the Nose w/ NoseJob
- Narrowing Nose with Rhinoplasty
- Live Rhinoplasty | Correcting a Deviated Septum
Concepts Related to Erika’s Procedure
Septoplasty: Septoplasty is a surgical procedure used correct the shape of the septum due to defects or deformities. The nasal septum is the separation between the nostrils. Septoplasty may be performed during a rhinoplasty procedure. When performed together, this is referred to septorhinoplasty.
Turbinoplasty: There are three turbinates in each nasal pasage. Each one protrudes from the sidewall of the nose. The lower or inferior turbinate is by far the largest of the three. Turbinates are shaped like a scroll, and act to warm, air before it passes on to your throat. Throughout the day, the turbinates periodicallychange size in a pattern known as the nasal cycle. That’s why at any given time, a person can usually breathe better out of one side the other. Turbino plasty is the operation performed to reduce the size of the turbinate. Usually, only the inferior turbinates need correction.